|Notice for preventing water meters freezing or bursting during cold spells in winter.|
○ Guideline to prevent water meters freezing or bursting during cold spells in winter
• prevent freezing and bursting by filling the inside of the water meters protective case with rags (worn clothes, artificial cotton or heat-retaining cover)
• Block any cracks that might have appeared in the protective casing in the apartment with rags or seal these with tape if possible. Try to avoid opening the protective box as much as possible.
• Firmly wrap exposed water pipes with heat-retaining covers, rags, etc. and cover with vinyl to ensure water cannot enter.
• When the temperature falls below -8°C, open the faucet a little to make the water run. This can help to prevent water meters freezing and bursting.
○ Guidelines about water users responsibilities
• When water meters are frozen at home, house owners should repair them.
• When water meters are damaged by users’ carelessness, water users are responsible for paying for water meter charges and substitution fees.
☞Reporting Freezes: Anyang-si water facility department (8045-5504, 5503)