Alien (Foreigner) Registration
Anyone who wishes to stay in the Republic of Korea for longer than 90 days from the date of entry must pay a visit to the immigration office or branch office that exercises jurisdiction over his/her place of domicile for alien registration.
- 2 copies of color photographs (3 cm x 4 cm)
- documents required for each visa status, such as business registration license and matriculation certificate
Reporting change of residential address for foreigners
In the event a registered foreigner moves to a new location, he/she must register his/her modified address within 14 days of moving in.
Available at City Hall and -gu offices, -dong community administration and welfare centers, and immigration offices.
- If the applicant registers in person, his/her passport or alien registration card along with documents demonstrating his/her place of residence are required.
- If an agent registers on behalf of the applicant, a letter of intent, agent’s ID card, relation verifying documents such as family relation certificate (parents may register on behalf of their children under the age of 17), and documents demonstrating the applicant's residence are required.
- Documents for proof of residence (example) - Documents demonstrating that the applicant resides in the corresponding address: e.g. lease agreement; documents certifying the provision of accommodation; mail notifying the expiry of the lease term for the previous lease; receipts for the payment of public utility bills; and receipts for dormitory fees.